Thursday, May 9, 2013

WST'S TOP 10 JR HIGH DANCE SONGS!



When you’re in that 12 to 14 age group and grow up in Oak Park, Illinois, the options are rather limited when it comes to Friday night.  I mean that’s the way it should be; you don’t have a car or any shit like that.  You don’t need to be out boozing…yet


You either go hang on the main strip (Lake Street), you hit up the Ice Rink, you stay in and watch T.G.I.F or…

You hit up a Park District Junior High dance and get it.

 Here’s are my Top-10 favorite songs from those nights where dancing until 10 and heading across the street afterwards for a Wendy’s frosty were all that was needed for a good time.

10. NICOLE RAY-I GOT WHAT YOU WANT
That Timbaland beat! 


9. SISQO-THE THONG SONG
Sisqo is a punchline today, but you know you got hyped up back in 1999 when they played this song at the end of the night.  Home fried...

8. GENUWINE-PONY
They probably shouldn’t have been playing this song around a bunch of 13 year-olds grinding while still going through puberty...

7. AALIYAH-ARE YOU THAT SOMEBODY?
If you didn't have at least a tiny crush on Aaliyah, you were missing out brother.  Timbaland kicks a nice little verse here too.

6. MYA-BEST OF ME REMIX (FT. JAY-Z)
One of the best hip-hop/R&B collaborations ever.  Do you see MYA rocking the Jersey Dress?  THROWBACK!

5. MA$E-FEEL SO GOOD
Lot of imitators but no one has managed to re-create Murder Ma$e’s marble-mouthed drawl…

4.MARK MORRISON-RETURN OF THE MACK
Back then it was just a cool song but Morrison clearly had some shit on his mind man.


3. NOTORIOUS B.I.G.-HYPNOTIZE
I'll still start a party to some Biggie.

2. DMX-RUFF RYDERS ANTHEM
Can transform a bunch of candy-ass suburban kids into thugs in 1.5 seconds flat…

1.BRIAN MCKNIGHT-DO I EVER CROSS YOUR MIND?
Don't hate, I actually had my first “make out session” to this song.  Smooth, I know.


-WST

No comments:

Post a Comment