Wednesday, May 1, 2013

WEDNESDAY RANT: THE FIVE RULES FOR MY POTTY MOUTH!


So the Blackhawks win in sudden death overtime last night.  How do my roommate and I react?

“YESSSSSSSSS MOTHERFUCKER!”  ::: In unison:::

Took to Twitter and wrote “YEAH BITCH!!! #BLACKHAWKS”

Got in bed feeling real good but then I started thinking...

"Damn, I still need to stop swearing so much!"

Some people can’t remember their first swear word, but I remember mine perfectly…

It was “shit,” and it was after my buddy accidentally (at least I hope it was an accident) kicked me in the groin while we were playing “Ninja” on the playground during the after-school program in the third grade.

 It was quickly followed by “shit” again…

Hot Teen Counselor: Oh my gosh!   Jason are you all right?

Me: Ohhhhh shit! My nuts!

Hot Teen Counselor: Ummm, I’m going to have to tell your folks you swore…

Me: NO!!!!!!!! Please don’t! Shit!

Today, while crude, swearing is mainstream.  With the exception of a select few words, all your favorite TV shows and movies get away with swearing.

 Even PG-13 flicks let you get away with one “fuck” now.

If I just say, “Keebler Chips Deluxe cookies with the M&M’s are good,” you may not be convinced.

But if I say, “Keebler Chips Deluxe cookies with the M&M’s are FUCKING FLAME,” you know I mean business.  You can FEEL my passion for those cookies.

On a side note, I have been told I have a gift of adding a lot of emphasis on my F-bombs.  This guy in College by the name of Neil was especially a huge fan of this:

Neil: John Starks was pretty good…

Me: Man…. FUCK John Starks!

Neil: You always put twice the energy of a normal person into saying fuck. I love it.

So while I do enjoy swearing some, I certainly don’t want to look like a Neanderthal lacking in word knowledge and thought-articulation either.

So what was I to do?  Swear Jar?  Call up my mom and have her accompany me everywhere?  No way in hell I swear around her!

Nope, I had to establish some guidelines for my sailor mouth:

  1. Never swear around elders:  Basically anyone who is 40 years old and up.  Especially the folks who have known me since I was a kid. It's just a respect thing.
  2. Avoid swearing on dates:  Dates are tough enough for a dude without a woman thinking she’s agreed to dinner and drinks with a walking Tarantino movie…
  3. Never swear around kids:  This one is so hard.  I’m used to being unfiltered as I want when I’m with my boys, but with the pitter-patter of little feet in some of their homes these days, I try to watch it when I stop by.
  4. Limit F-bombs on Facebook:  Mom, as well as aunts, uncles, and cousins all have friended me.  I’m not really into embarrassing myself in front of family.
  5. I get the green light during a game: Don’t try to stop me; it’s going to happen…a lot!  This is why I rarely watch the  Bears or Bulls in public places.  Well...one of the reasons.  The other is because I don't want to strangle some loud random sitting nearby who has no clue what they're talking about.

I’m not saying it’s changed my life, but it does keep me honest.  I still get to keep it pretty raw on Twitter as well as this blog.  Should those be next?

Nah, to hell with that shit.

-WST

1 comment: