Thursday, March 14, 2013

WST'S TOP 10 GYM PUMP UP SONGS!


I love getting a workout in.  Since I’m well past the point in my life where I can put on a helmet and run into another human being, it’s like stress release therapy for me. 

However, everyone knows it can tough some days, whether it’s a morning where you don’t want to get up at the crack of dawn or a long evening after work and you just want to go home.

Here’s what I crank up on the iPod when I need the motivation to get that last set in or I have to go through a dreaded leg day.  I despise leg day!

10. Daft Punk-Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Long before Kanye sampled the beat for ‘Stronger’ my best friend and I would ride around town blasting this from my first car, a red 1989 BMW with a sound system that one upperclassmen once commented “your shit SUCKS the base out of the air bro!” Regardless, it’s a Top-10 song to keep you going.

9. Pennywise-Bro Hymn Tribute

            I don’t know what I like more: The title or the fact that it’s a tribute song to me! Well some guy named Jason anyway.

I got to finish these bicep curls for the girls and my bros BRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Justice-Genesis

            I've been digging this tune since I heard Genesis live at Lollapalooza this past summer.  Say what you want about Electronic Dance Music (EDM).  You either love it or hate it but this shit goes so hard that I feel like the beat is really made for lifting or punching someone in the face. 

I prefer the former.

7. Puff Daddy ft. Notorious B.I.G. & Busta Rhymes-Victory
            There was a time in life when a lot of people had high hopes for Diddy as an artist.  This is the reason why.  However, as I get older, I realize it’s more a combo of the production, B.I.G. and Busta than poppa diddy pop.  Still, try not to get hyped up to this.

6. Beastie Boys-Sabotage
            This is an ideal Gym entrance song.  You hit it just as you’re making that trip from the locker room to the main floor.  

The Beasties come on and it feels like everything has slowed down, I’m walking in slow motion and people are looking at me because they see the cold gaze in my eyes and know I’m there to fuck some shit up. 

In reality, I look like the biggest douche on the planet.  It’s nice to daydream though.

5. Metallica-Enter the Sandman
            This is another Gym entrance song.  Only it’s better! The first minute really sets it up and the song lasts through your first two sets!  That said, they can kiss my ass!  

I still hold a grudge against Lars Ulrich for his role in Napster shuting down...

4. Jay-Z-Takeover
         Have you had a really shitty day? Well Nas, Mobb Deep, and anyone else who ever dared come at Jay-Z had a worse one after hearing this five minute, thirteen second bombshell addressing any and all challengers to his throne.

3. N.W.A.-Straight Outta Compton
            Sometimes you just gotta get angry and hate the world in the Gym.  Dr. Dre and Eazy-E can provide you the tune to channel it.

2. Wu-Tang Clan-Triumph

            The title says it all.  This is that song you play when you’re about to go up a weight for the first time.  If you manage to crank out your desired reps, get up and let everyone know WU-TANG CLAN AIN’T NOTHING TO FUCK WITH!

1.Richard Strauss- Also Sprach Zarathustra (“Sunrise”)

            Better known as that song from 2001: A Space Odyssey.  

If you're cool, you know it as the entrance song of 16-time World-Heavweight Wrestling Champion Ric Flair!
                                                                                                                                                                   Hit the play button on this epic for the very last set of the day when you’re good and tired and then walk out like a fucking champion!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

-WST

No comments:

Post a Comment