Monday, February 25, 2013

TOP 5 Party Moments of the WST!


Long story short, I stopped at a Birthday party this weekend with some friends and though no fault of my own, our group was asked to leave maybe 20 minutes in.

No hard feelings. It is what it is. 

However, to say I'm severely disappointed would be an understatement... 

It snapped a impessive run of an estimated 300 plus parties/social gatherings that I have attended without being kicked out or asked to leave. 

THAT IS HUUUUGGGGE!  IN SPORTS, THAT'S WHAT YOU CALL AN IRON MAN STREAK!

Even more amazing is when you take into effect that this streak had stood firm while doing things and hanging out with people that SHOULD have gotten me the boot alot sooner.

So join as me as I relive my TOP 5 party moments!

5. 2007-Sioux City, Iowa
Synopsis: Ugly Christmas Sweater Party with with my five roommates/Football teammates at our house off-campus

Highlights: Thinking our one buddy had left the party, only to find him passed out behind the dryer in the laundry room the next day.  This sweet Christmas Sweater…


Lowlight: Pretty much became official with my college ex (it's not the young lady above) that night.  In hindsight, definitely not my best decision.  Actually, probably one of my worst to be honest.

4. 2005-Lincoln, Nebraska
Synopsis: Football BYE week results in a road trip to Lincoln and the University of Nebraska for homecoming with my roommate and my best friend from home.

Highlights: Walking into the apartment where we were staying and finding former Nebraska Cornhusker and Oakland Raiders Cornerback Fabian Washington chilling in the kitchen. 

30 minutes later, another Husker alum in New Orleans Saints Safety Josh Bullocks shows up as well. Both were real cool, open to talking about playing in the NFL, and left us with a bottle of Hennessey before hopping into a White Escalade and riding off into the night.

Lowlight: Showed up at a random house party with some people and the roommate’s friend decides to take a piss in the corner of the room. 

We were POLITELY asked to tell him to stop. 

A guy is urinating in your living room and instead of just kicking his ass, you respectfully ask us to grab him...

That’s the kind of juice you carry in Lincoln when you tell people you play for their beloved Huskers.  Never mind if you really do or not…

3. 2006/2007/2008-Iowa City, Iowa
Synopsis: The same way little kids go Apeshit over Disney World.  I get a little magic twinkle in my eye every time I hear the words “Iowa City”.  I truly believe that if you’re between 18 and 23, Iowa City and the University of Iowa is the happiest place on earth.  So many bars, so many girls, so many parties.

Higlights: Pick one! Watching a friend beat a guy up over a slice of pizza? Check.  Bar Crawls? Check. Seeing a couple future NFL players toss around d-bag Frat bros? Check.  Forming a drunk A Capella group and performing a breathtaking rendition of “The Lion Sleeps Tonight” outside of a Pancheros Burritos? Check, and…..check!

Lowlight: The four hour car rides back west to our own school following these weekends were pretty awful.  You are hungover, tired and really didn't want to leave.

2. 2012-Chicago, Illinois
Synopsis: The old college crew hits my city for a bachelor party and that’s all you need to know!

Highlights: Another story for another time!

Lowlight: Not going to bed the night before and spending Sunday morning taking people to the airport, work and brunch all before 10.

1.1996-Oak Park, Illinois
Synopsis: Sleepover for my 10th Birthday!

Highlights: Video Games and Skeeball (I love skeeball) at Fun Zone (RIP) in nearby River Grove.  Pizza for dinner, Ice cream and Cake for dessert.  Watching 'D2: The Mighty Ducks' 'Hackers' and playing SEGA until the sun rose.

Did I mention mom’s waffles in the morning for breakfast?  No, I don't think I mentioned mom's waffles for breakfast.  Mom's Belgian waffles are FLAME!

Lowlight: Not a damn one...

-WST

1 comment:

  1. I must agree with the #1. That was one hell of a birthday party. I remember finding a broken machine that just gave out shit-loads of tickets! Good times!

    ReplyDelete