Wednesday, July 10, 2013

WEDNESDAY RANT-THE DOOR TEST! 20 YEARS STRONG!


I don’t know if it originated before the Robert DeNiro-directed Bronx Tale hit theatres.

Frankly I don’t care to know. 

What I do know is it that 20 years ago, Sonny LoSpecchio brought the test to light in that movie and made the practice of opening the car door for a lady a little bit more interesting.

LoSpecchio, played brilliantly by Chazz Palminteri schooled young Calogero Anello (Francis Capra) on the art of the date and the infamous door test…LoSpecchio’s crafty way of determining if a women was worth his time, money, effort, and affection before his vehicle moved an inch.
That shit was great.  I know it’s a movie, but Sonny may have been on to something there. 

However, I only know of a few other guys who have used it. Every man should try the door test at least once just to see what happens.

Women claim chivalry is dead (it’s not by the way) and like someone that will open doors, pull out chairs or help with coats or jackets and they should.  That’s a gentleman.

On the flipside, it’s not selfish at all to like the idea of a woman courteous enough to help with my door after I’ve assisted her with stepping into the car is it?

Of course not and within the last year, I’ve gone on five first dates and decided to do a door test of my own.

The results? Four failed, and while the dates weren’t necessarily bad, I can tell you none got a call for a follow-up.

The fifth? Well not only did she nail it, but…

Referenced Bronx Tale when she did.

Plus 10.

I should call her up soon.  A woman who knows her movies does it for me.

-WST



1 comment:

  1. helloo where i can find that poster but with better quality

    ReplyDelete