Thursday, July 11, 2013

FIVE THINGS I HATE ABOUT THE TASTE OF CHICAGO!


I love my city.  If you read on the reg, you know I do.  At the same time, it’s not perfect, and Wednesday kicked off the lone event I despise in the Windy City; The Taste of Chicago. 



Yes, “The Taste” has gone from something I had a great time with as a kid to a week I hate so much, I’d rather have my back waxed by Stevie Wonder than attend.  Why is my disdain for something that’s supposed to be a “fun” so strong?   Well read further…



5.    THE WEATHER!



So hot man, and I hate being too hot.  At least when it’s freezing, I can put on more layers.  When I’m hot, I turn into a cranky fuck on the same level of Walter Mathaau. It will rain for three straight weeks, but let the week of the Taste come up and it’s nothing but humid ass-sweat weather. Can a brother get an overcast day or something?



4.    THE TRAFFIC!
Stay away from Michigan avenue until Monday. It’s a parking lot and will make you consider committing vehicular manslaughter on the dumb-shit pedestrian who just decided it would be a great idea to cut in front of your car just as you’re finally allowed to move a few feet.  Speaking of large crowds…

3.    HORDES OF TOURISTS!
Like any native of any large city, I don’t give a damn if the local economy needs their dollars, is there any way we can just take tourists’ money and lure them through a series of mazes that lead right back to the city limits?

2.    OVER-PRICED FOOD!
The only thing worse than the small portions is the prices.  Eight bucks gets you 12 tickets, but four pieces of chicken costs nine tickets?  That isn’t right!   Dude, give me two bros along with eight more dollars and I’ll just go to Popeye’s  for a family meal WITH a side! What do you know about those Cajun Mashed Potatoes!!!!!!!!

1.    ROBIN THICKE!
Damn you evil Timberlake.  I like your music, I really do.  I’ve been in your corner since A Beautiful World.   How dare you agree to perform tonight as part of the City’s grand scheme of attracting more bodies to a cash-grab/tourist trap.  ‘Blurred Lines’ is really rapey by the way, not that I care though, I have that shit in my ears right now!

HEY, HEY, HEY!


-WST







No comments:

Post a Comment