Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Two Thumbs Up, Four Thumbs Down Tuesday



Every Tuesday, in the honor of the late, great, Rick James, I’ll be sharing the little life’s pleasures that make me jump for joy and the terrible, awful things I want to spit on.

Two Thumbs that earned my love:

  1. The Rock: The Great One is back and wrestling at the Royal Rumble this weekend? Looks like he's still got it.

I may just order that PPV, get a pizza and a bunch of Moutain Dew for a 1999 throwback Sunday Funday.  I may have to stop by the parents house see if they still have my old Playstation and Resident Evil 2 in the attic?

  1.  This shirt courtesy of Falcons RB Jacquizz Rodgers  (via Deadspin):

That’s awesome! Let me try: Gotta take a Quizz, It's just Quizzness, Pop Quizz Hotshot! Okay, I’m done. Wait, I lied. Quizz Knows Bitches! Now I’m done.

Four Thumbs that earned my scorn:

  1. Lance Armstrong:  Although it won’t be aired until Thursday, Lance taped an interview with Oprah Winfrey last night where he confessed to using Performance Enhancing Drugs to win the Tour De France.  I have a confession of my own: I could not give a damn about Cycling, but I once was caught cheating on a test in Mrs. Lawrence’s second grade class.   Worst day ever. Folks were pretty pissed.  Think I could get Maury for my interview? No? Steve Wilkos then?
  1. Titans Wide Receiver Kenny Britt: His brother gets stabbed early Sunday morning and Britt  takes him to the hospital, refuses to cooperate with police and then dips out faster than a bowl of Tostitos. Is he his brother’s keeper? Hell no apparently…
  2. The last real weekend of Football: After Sunday, it’s just the Super Bowl, followed by a deep, dark, void until August. At least we have the NBA right?  Please get back Derrick Rose. But not too soon! We need you 100% ready.
  1. Leg Day at the gym:  Sore legs, plus a naturally clumsy big man, multiplied by icy Chicago streets, equal a potential natural disaster if I slip…

No comments:

Post a Comment