Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Two Thumbs Up, Four Thumbs Down Tuesday





Every Tuesday, in honor of the late, great, Rick James I’ll be sharing a couple of life's little pleasures that make me jump for joy and the terrible, just awful things I want to spit on.

Two things that earned my love:

  1. ESPN Fires Rob Parker: That’s Cornball brothers 1, Real brothers 0, sucka.


  1. McDonald’s Breakfast:  I know they’re responsible for enabling obese people worldwide, but I would do terrible, awful things for a Chicken Biscuit and a Wild Berry Smoothie.

Four things that earned my scorn:

  1. ESPN releasing Apology for Brent Musburger:  Don’t try to apologize for him!  He was only saying what everyone was thinking about AJ McCarron’s girl.  I wish he would release a statement telling ESPN to lick his ass.
  1. Mike Shanahan: I refuse to forget about this, I know RGIII is trying to take some of the heat off of him but his decision to allow the man to play ranks up there as one of the all-time Sports jags.
  1. Al’s Italian Beef:  Best Italian beef in Chicago?  Get the hell out of here.  Try Johnnie’s in Elmwood Park.
  1. Old Saudi Arabian Rich Men:  A 70 year-old man in Saudi Arabia paid the equivalent of  $20,000 to buy a 15 year-old girl with the intention of marrying her.   The girl then ran back to her family and refused to give him his money back.  That’s why you never toss away your receipts.

1 comment:

  1. Al's Beef is such a let down. Personally, I find Portillo's trumps Johnnie's for a straight beef, but the reverse is true for a combo.

    And AJ McCarron's girlfriend trumps all of those things.

    ReplyDelete