Monday, April 15, 2013

TEN REASONS WHY I'M AWFUL AT WOMEN!


10. I’m too friendly!
            Hood face aside, I’ve think I have made it abundantly clear in the past that I enjoy meting new people and making new friends.  However, I need to do a better job of establishing if I’m actually interested in a girl or if I just enjoy linking up to party, hang out, etc.

I put MYSELF in the friedzone the same way Antonio Cromartie just has kids.  We do that shit JUST to do it despite what little sense it makes.

9. I wait!
            I’ve always been the type that just aims to have a good time when I go out, coupled with a “if it happens, it happens” mentality when it comes to females.

That’s bullshit though. I’ve realized I kind of use that as an excuse to not even bother getting on the offensive when I’m out and about. 

Seems I have this grand delusion that I’ll be out with my boys one night, and the perfect woman is just going to spot me and realize I’m awesome.

Yeah, ok…I’ll be waiting until I’m 45 thinking that way.

8. I’m clueless!
Everyone knows girls have signs that are utilized to make a guy aware that they’re interested.  Well if there are any of you out there that may have a thing for me, I should probably inform you…I WON’T HAVE THE SLIGHTEST IDEA! 

Seriously, outside of being painfully obvious or just kissing me, I won’t figure it out.  Doesn’t mean I’m not feeling you. 

I’m just bad at recognizing interest when it comes to me. It’s a flaw of mine…it happens.

7. I’m ugly!
            Just dicking around… I needed filler.  Have you seen my family?  We’re all good looking as fuck!

6. I STILL put my friends first!
Found myself in quite the dilemma a couple weeks back: Some girl who may or may not have been digging my style (told you I’m clueless) invited me to her birthday party.  However, it was my boy's  birthday as well and he was trying to pre-game at my place before heading out.

Chose to roll with my friend and attempted to organize a rendezvous with the girl’s party so everyone could win.  You know; my friends can meet your friends, we can all be friends, we can do this every weekend-type deal, but to no avail.  

Hit her up a few days later to see if I could make up for missing her event and maybe take her out for dinner sometime, not even an answer back. No text. No call. Nothing…

DAMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!  COLD AS ICE!  WALK IT OFF KID!

I did the right thing though.  This wasn’t about “man’s code” or some  “bros before hos” shit... 

This wasn’t some second-tier friend (don’t hate, you know you have some second-tier friends); this was one of my aces. If I had my OWN All-Pro team made up of friends, he’s a starter. I’m not going to put him on the backburner while I run off to chase someone I’m not even sure about.

Every man reaches the point where they finally date some girl who they like enough to put ahead of time spent with friends, I get that, I just haven’t dated her yet.

5. I have a weird sense of humor!
Here’s a text between my best friend’s wife and myself from yesterday:

HER: Hey!  I’m at the Target near your place.

ME: Well you better come by here and Tar-GET some of this loving!!!

HER: Oh I did, but you were still asleep!

Obviously, that’s tame, but some discussions we have would make a girl unfamiliar with my off-the-wall sense of humor do a double take. She understands that’s just me being a fool because she’s known me for nearly ten years and married to a man almost as weird and goofy as I am.

I feel like it takes every new woman in my life a few months to figure me out.  Only problem is most will abandon ship well before that.

4. I tend to over-think!
  I’ll always stress myself out thinking about the right moment to text or call a girl.

Then if I do get a date, I’m all like: what to wear? Where to take her? What is she thinking? Is there a part two to this date, where to go for part two? Should I go in for the kiss after I walk her to her door?  What’s she thinking now? Will there be a second date?

Best advice I’ve ever gotten when it comes to shit like this is just do, don’t think.  It’s hard though, I’m a Virgo; we think a lot.

3. I’m not a baller (yet)!
What’s in your wallet matters now more than ever. There used to be a time when our mothers and fathers were together based on long-term potential and they tried to make it together...

Today, we’re all about instant gratification…never mind that no one is really making money.  Sorry but I only know two people between the ages of 23 and 29 who make six-figures.

As for me, I do all right, and have the potential and drive to someday get to the top. It’s just about finding the person who wants to stand with me (not behind or in front) and take this journey to get it.

2. I’m chubby!
            Doug Heffernan. Phillip Banks.  Carl Winslow.  Those were some big men who managed to do pretty well in the wife department.  Unfortunately, they’re all fictional characters.

I need to be in better shape.  Not just for my health long-term, but it certainly doesn’t hurt as far members of the opposite sex go.   I’ve done all right losing some weight but I need to eat healthier and do more cardio work than lifting all-year round.

If I can stay focused enough and cut down, I’ll be putting a lot of these chumps masquerading as men out of the game.

1. I don’t really try
            As I inch closer to thirty, part of me actually WANTS to take weekend trips with someone special or send flowers just because it’s Tuesday.

I want that, and all the other shit my friend’s do for their girls. Not because they always like it, but because they’re with someone they care about.

I say that, but at the same time, I don’t make a great effort to find someone because the other part of me is still selfish…

I LIKE not answering to anyone.  I LIKE hanging with who I want, when I want, wherever I want.

I LIKE going out and staying out until I FEEL like going home…

 Not because someone is tired, or their feet hurt, or they’re just moody.

 I LIKE SLEEPING IN MY COMFY ASS BED ANY DAMN WAY I PLEASE!

Saturday night I slept on an angle with my right leg spread in front of the left and a pillow cradled under my arm like a football. 

Woke up looking like a cross between the Air Jordan logo and the Heisman trophy and it was GLORIOUS!  You can’t do that shit when you’re with someone!  My ass would have been sleeping on the couch…in my OWN place!

-WST

No comments:

Post a Comment