Wednesday, June 26, 2013

WEDNESDAY RANT-KURT RUSSELL AND FROZEN PIZZA!!!


Between Bonnaroo, NBA and NHL watch parties, and with the 4th of July going down next Thursday, it’s looking like a good weekend to lay low and recharge my batteries.

There’s an art to sitting on your ass on a Friday night though.   

It’s summer, so the A/C has to be cranked down a point where you may need a blanket but at the same time, won’t see penguins walking through the living room.

Attire does count as well. You should always go a size too big with lounging sweatpants and if you have a nice pair of house shoes, wear socks with them, you don’t want those feet funking them up.

Most importantly is entertainment and food; you can’t just plop down, grab the remote and expect the TV gods to do you any favors.

Nor do you want to spend your entire night shuffling through take-out menus trying to figured out what to eat; subs, tacos, wings, Thai?!

You need a course of action,  A game plan taken to insure that even though you’ll be inside, you’ll still enjoy yourself…

So what’s mine?

Kurt Fucking Russell and frozen pizza!

I don’t know what it is, but Kurt Russell is that dude when it comes couch movies... 

Big Trouble In Little ChinaTango & Cash, Backdraft, Tequila SunriseSoldier, TombstoneThe Thing!

It’s like he had me in mind when shot all those flicks.  Big Trouble alone may be worth watching twice in one night!
As for frozen pizza, I was a Jack’s Pizza man for many years…it had served me well through college, even though I always burned the roof of my mouth no matter how long I let it cool.

But then I was turned onto Home Run Inn’s brand…

It’s cheese, toppings, and crust are vastly superior to any other frozen pie you’ll find and that includes any bullshit DiGiorno is trying to hustle out.

Pair it with some Canada Dry ginger-ale and I’m golden!

So yeah, that’s my evening.   Unless someone hits me with a better offer anyway…

-WST

No comments:

Post a Comment